She got in touch with me a couple of weeks ago for some advice on internet optical for her prescription (with astigmatism). I hooked her up with some information and a recommendation. We also chatted back and forth for a few days -- the result of which has been edited and posted on the very interesting and deep "Scavenging" blog.
Click here for the nitty gritty and then dig around a bit for some other ways you can save a little green (or purple, orange, and blue for our neighbors to the North).
If you've got your eye on a pair of glasses at 39DollarGlasses, or even a pair in the cart that you've hesitated pulling the trigger on, click here and get an instant $15-off.
Here are the details:
- It's $15-off the entire order, so multiple pairs don't stack discounts.
- They've upgraded the cart a bit so you'll see the discount earlier in the process -- it's red and bold. You can't miss it.
- It all ends on September 3rd, so hurry!
Get an extra 5% off the typical GlassyEyes 15% discount this week at EyeBuyDirect.
Here's how it works:
- Click here.
- Use code "glassyeyes20" at checkout
I get a lot of deals passed my way. Some are post-worthy, many are not. In the end, I want to make sure they're still available to all of you. To this end, I'm going to start using the Twitter to "toot" ALL of the deals your way.
I'm still going to use the @glassyeyes Twitter account to communicate with any and all looking for help or insight, but I'll tag the deals with "#DEAL" tag so they stick out a bit.
There are a couple of ways to get these:
- If you're on Twitter
- follow @glassyeyes
- Retweet any of the deal tweets to help spread the love
- click the "retweet" button at the top left of each post
- If you're NOT on Twitter
- all the latest "toots" will appear in the Twitter stream in the left column
- email the links to your ever-shrinking group of non-Twitter friends
Thanks for all the continued support!
I've had a number of epiphanies over the past nearly three years of this -- beyond the obvious cost differences. Here are a few of them that seem to resonate with people:
- It's amazing how little wear and tear these things show when you have more than one pair.
- Prescription sunglasses? I can see outside in the summer -- without squinting! THIS is what the beach is like?
- The frame's nooks and crannies stay very clean when you're not wearing the same pair each day.
- I play (more) with the kids knowing that if my glasses get broken, I've got another pair to replace them.
- It's really nice to be able to afford multiple pairs of glasses for specific purposes/settings rather than needing one pair to look nice and perform in all situations.
The guys at EyeBuyDirect were at the center of a storm of online eyeglasses purchases a couple of weeks ago. They're at it again (on a smaller, more fashionable scale) passing along an exclusive 20% off fashion frames code for all of you in the market to get fashionable. Runs now through 8/9/2009.
Here's how it works:
- Click this EyeBuyDirect link.
- Find a pair of glasses in the "Fashion" category, down along the left side.
- Pick your lenses and coatings.
- Use this 20%-off code at checkout: GlassyEyesFashion
- Make a reservation for Fall Fashion Week in Paris (or at least go hang out at "Fashion Bug").
- Do what comes naturally in your new Fashion specs from EyeBuyDirect.
- Send me a postcard.