- Blog about the GlassyEyes site.
- Tell your friends.
- Ask me to send you some business cards to give to your friends and strangers you see on the street.
- Twitter about the site.
- Tell your parents.
- Throw it up on your (and your friend's) Facebook walls. Click here and add GlassyEyes as a favorite.
- Chat about it with your MySpace friends.
- Place a link in a sidebar of your site -- it helps!
- If you have a bad experience at a brick and mortar optician, make sure to let people know on Yelp.com (and pop in the http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com URL as an alternative).
- Use the "Get the Word Out" button above to email people the info about the site.
- If you're a journalist or are married to, live next door to or play frisbee golf with one let them know about what we're doing here.
- Tell your shrink.
Labels: Get the Word Out
- At September 12, 2008 at 2:39 PM Natalie said...
Done and done. I haven't even purchased a pair yet and it's all I can talk about lately. Good work.
- At September 14, 2008 at 3:23 AM J_G said...
Thanks for your due diligence. I have been wearing glasses all my life and I had enough as many of your commenter's have said.
I purchased my frames online after much research at Theyedoctor.com and took them to the optometrist for lenses after a thorough eye exam by them. They had no problem with me providing my own frames.
I have come to understand the different types of lenses through much research because I wear progressives. I need polycarbonate where I work but now for my spare pair I want the high index in an bit fancier frame.
The chain stores have been ripping us off for many years and now my eye plan at work is owned by Luxotica (EyeMed). I don't think I can go for the 39 dollar glasses given my prescription and my fussiness but I can sure as heck cut in half what I used to pay and one of those ripoff places like Pearl, Lens Crafter and Sterling.
I go to a privately owned optometrist. In Pennsylvania they must give you your prescription and PD when you request it. I believe that is part of the HIPPA and it extends to all states.
I am ordering another of the nice Seiko Titanium frames and I'm studying here to see if it's going to be a good idea to have EyeGlass lens direct do the lenses. I have two popular blogs and I will put links to your blog on both of them.
I Googled "Eyeglass Lens Direct reviews" the link to your original site came up on the first page. Thanks
- At September 18, 2008 at 3:06 PM Jamie said...
I found out about this site from the Slate article, ordered a pair of glasses, love them, and I've since been spreading the word about glassyeyes.com
- At September 25, 2008 at 5:12 PM Anonymous said...
After receiving a great pair of glasses from 39dollarglasses.com, I have forwarded the article to everyone I knew! I can't thank you enough for your blog!
I had a great experience with 39dollarglasses, BUT had an issue with the order I placed with EyeBuyDirect: They said my lenses were to strong to be put on a plastic frame, which is total BS. I mean, I have been wearing plastic frames for most of the last 20 yrs! And 39dollarglasses had no problem fulfilling the same order (note: I am very short sighted with a correction of -5.5 on one side and -4.0 on the other). Their message: "due to the high power of your prescription, we would recommend for you to select a Full Metal or Titanium frame to replace the xxx frame which you have originally ordered. Despite using our high index lenses, we cannot assure the durability of the glasses using the xxx frame with a high powered prescription. Please get back to us with a your choice of a different frame model so we may proceed processing your order."