New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

OK, they arrived about a week ago, but things have been hectic -- living in St. Paul, we've been dodging stormtroopers with tear gas and rubber bullets just walking about the town.

Also, someone switched off summer and we went from 90s last weekend to low 70s this week. I like it hot and this isn't cutting it for swimming. Forced indoors, I hit the pool at the Y on Saturday, and gave my new goggles a work out.

I ordered the Hilco Prescription Swimming Goggles for $30.95.

They performed admirably. I'm really thrilled with these. It's great to be able to see so clearly under water -- better than I ever have.

If you've been on the fence with these. Take a look at the video, read the first post again and order up.



My apologies for the 3-day shadow (and note to self, buy some blades).



post to del.icio.us del.icio.us | post to digg digg | post to reddit reddit



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

3 comments:

At September 7, 2008 at 10:28 PM Ira said...

ED NOTE: I did this entire post wearing these tonight, just to see if I could (and my wife is at work, so time to "nerd out"). They're really solid.

;-)

 
At September 9, 2008 at 11:01 AM JC said...

Too funny. I just sent a message to the mailing list (which never got posted for some reason..?) a couple of weeks ago, asking about this very topic.

Are you astigmatic? I was reading that these sorts of goggles do a decent job for near/far vision but will give astigmatic people a nasty headache after a while because there's no correction for it.

Have you tried any prescription masks? I want to do some snorkeling when I go on vacation next month, and all the masks I've seen are quite pricey.

I went in to be fitted for contacts... using them now and they're driving me nuts, and I feel like I'm using a 3 year old prescription instead of my most recent one. Goggles & masks sound much better at the moment.

 
At September 9, 2008 at 11:28 AM Ira said...

@JC,

I have a very slight astigmatism -- 178/177 so it's not a huge deal with the goggles. I'd imagine that much more than that might be troublesome.

I've never snorkeled in any meaningful way, so the price of the masks isn't in my ballpark. I'm sure these goggles will suit me fine for many years.

None of these products are for everyone -- that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment