New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

I'll be on the Colin McEnroe show this afternoon on Connecticut Public Radio WNPR talking about the eyeglasses industry and how online options have begun to change it. You should be able to listen online here: http://www.cpbn.org/listen-live

 We'll probably also hit on Luxottica -- a hot topic since Leslie Stahl's lazy (and late to the party) report on 60 Minutes at the beginning of the month.

Take a look at that here: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7424700n



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

3 comments:

At October 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM RedStickHam said...

I listened to you on the show yesterday as it is available for download at their website. I enjoyed it very much and hope to hear you on again sometime. The only thing I was wondering about was the study the optician cited about 200 pairs of online glasses having like a 50% error rate. I'm curious about that as I've ordered several pairs of glasses online and can see fine out of all of them. I've gotten some that had out of alignment temple arms and nosepads but other than that, the prescription lenses were fine.

 
At October 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM Ira said...

Thanks for listening. I found the entire interview frustrating. I had no warning that there was going to be an optician on with me -- or that I'd be a very minimal part of the piece. It's always difficult to go up against an "upstanding local businessman" with his customers all calling in to say how great he is.

I wasn't able to touch on hardly anything I was told might be discussed.

This is the second time in the past few months I've felt this way after one of these. I need to start asking better questions before I accept in the future.

 
At October 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM RedStickHam said...

Sorry it didn't go as planned, but I did enjoy your contribution all the same. As for good local opticians, those are few and far between anymore. I used to go to one who had a shop near my home and he made excellent glasses, but was forced to retire due to declining health. I found a post in another forum about online glasses, then decided to try them and have decided I don't want to go back.

The CBC program Marketplace did a good segment on glasses a whlie back, where they put a pair of Lenscrafters glasses up against Coastal Contacts, with interesting results.

Talk to you later on.

 

Post a Comment