New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

A month or two ago, I got re-introduced to Shuron frames and have been a bit obsessed. You'll see that a lot with me. As glasses have become a much bigger part of my life, I am no longer trying to find the most minimal of frames. I'm not shopping in the same stores as Elton John, but I do like my glasses to be on the bolder side.

I picked up a Shuron frame a few weeks back and if the gubmint didn't require so much of my monetary assistance at the moment, I'd have a fully functional pair of beautifully nerdy Demi Grey Freeways perched upon my schnoz right now (I'm hoping to get the lens order in this week with 39DollarGlasses, the guys who relensed my trademark frames in February).

My original quest, regarding the Shuron frames was to find some for a couple of members of the GlassyEyes forums. They were looking more for a cheaper, Shuron "style" frame at the time.

Albert, at Optical4Less, has a new frames this week -- something that might fit the bill for those of you on a tighter budget. How does, $37 (SHIPPED!) including UV, Anti-Reflective, and all of the other Optical4Less goodies sound?



These have that certain self-assured, nerdy look, but aren't truly Freeway knockoffs. To me, they appear to borrow design elements from the Shuron Freeway (eye shape), Shuron Sidewinder ("paddle" temples), and the Ray-Ban Wayfarer (lack of the Shuron "key hole" bridge). You get the idea, and you get a "classic(y)" look if not the integrated, truely iconic frame.

Of course, lensed, these are roughly a third of the price of the "Made in the USA" Shuron frames.

Let your wallet decide!



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

3 comments:

At April 12, 2008 at 9:02 AM Ira said...

Preemptively, these are horn-rimmed frames. The ones you may be envisioning (anyone watch "HEROES"?), are actually a type of "Browline", like these.

 
At April 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM NewLeaf said...

Zenni has a Shuron-esque frame in their $12.95 group. It's #2204. The solid black isn't bad looking, especially for the price.

 
At May 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM Beaugrand said...

I have been told by the CS people at Zenni that their Shuron-ish #7320 frame will be available again, only in black, the end of this month (May 2010). Their #7336 is also a "browline" or "clubman" style, but the temple pieces are quite thick in comparison to the "browline" trim.

 

Post a Comment