New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

Looking for a way to do something good with your old eyeglasses? Find a box.

The Lion's Club has been recycling eyeglasses and getting them to faces of people in need around the world for many years. They say it costs them $0.08 per pair to rehab them and distribute.

There used to be a time that you could find a Lion's Club box on the top of the cigarette machine at every local supper club and pizzeria -- back when people smoked and were places called supper clubs and pizzerias.

Ahh, those halcyon days of the late 70's.

Nearly everything that was simple and good about the time of my childhood has been replaced by Walmart. This is not an exception.

I typically try to avoid Walmart. This is an exception.



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

1 comments:

At October 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM RedStickHam said...

I found a local supermarket also has a Lyons club drop off. This could be another benefit of the online glasses revolution. In the past, what I've done is buy a new pair with my new prescription and use my old pair as backup. Now I can buy multiple pairs when I get a new prescription, I can donate my old pairs, which is what I plan to do. I have 4 pair of online glasses right now, and I'll probably donate them all once I get a new prescription next year.

 

Post a Comment