New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

There are few important moments in life that can be pinpointed to the minute. Births and deaths are the big two. Perhaps that's changed a bit with technology and time-stamping of digital photographs. A time-stamp allowed me to find the exact moment that my life changed -- 10/24/2006 @ 2:48PM. I was sitting at my desk at my old job (probably grimacing from some annoying web development task) and *snap* my $400 glasses from LensCrafters broke -- on my face.

On my face!As luck would have it, I had just received a package from Amazon with a new camera lens. What do you do when you get a new camera or lens? You take pictures. I would have taken pictures of all of the things around my office had something so spectacular and unusual not just happened on my face. As it was, one of the first photographs through that lens was this one (above).

I'm no narcissist. There aren't many photographs of me in existence. I'd argue that well over half of them appear in posts on this site showing-off the highs and lows of my online eyeglasses experiences. I'd much rather be behind the lens.

Anyway, with an empty bank account, a bit of ingenuity to buy me some time, and web browser I started doing my due diligence and research on these "online eyeglasses".

Another big thanks to Luxottica and LensCrafters for a poor design and ridiculous price-tag. Without that, none of this would exist.

Keep yours eyes open for some really big changes around here on the third anniversary of the site on November 10th.

Related Posts and Links:



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

4 comments:

At October 25, 2009 at 4:49 PM Anonymous said...

Thanks for your insight. I have followed your blog since.
Cheers!
Mike

 
At October 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM Patrick said...

Online optical offers the most economical yet still satisfactory outcome for the vision needs of some frugal people. We have to say thanks to Ira. Thanks.

 
At October 29, 2009 at 4:39 AM Eggbert said...

I've only recently found your blog, but have made two sets of purchases since then.
Thanks a lot for opening my eyes as to the alternatives outthere.
I must say my recent purchase of several pairs of NewBalance from Coastal Contacts are brilliant.

 
At November 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM Anonymous said...

3 years!!!!! Congrats. We at EOH wish you many more!
If I had an extra $39 I wold buy you a set of glasses online :)

LensChic

 

Post a Comment