New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!


I was reaching for a pair of socks in the ol' socks and underwear drawer a while back and felt a strange lump under a pile of some of the more rarely worn articles in the back corner. I pulled out the 39DollarGlasses micro-fiber pouch and found the origin for the GlassyEyes site.


It was my DIY-"fixed" pair of Ray-Ban RB5010 glasses. I'd been looking for them for over a year. Taking them out and popping them on, I had mixed feelings that quickly turned to pure thankfulness.

If they had broken at a different time in a different manner, I'm sure I'd still be in a pair of overpriced frames and lenses of the greedy LensCrafters monster. Thankfully I was broke -- and willing to take a chance (or two).

I'm still giddy every time I get another of these affordable, perfect pairs of eyeglasses. I just received a couple new pair in the mailbox over the past week -- bringing the total collection to two dozen (I think). More on them in the next few days.

I'm not going to lose these again. Maybe a display case is in order... ;-)


(ED. NOTE: Due to popular demand -- The un-broken frames on my face are the p113 frame at Optical4Less -- about halfway down the "Plastic Eyewears" page. It's back in stock! I own two pair -- one sunglasses, one not.)




Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

5 comments:

At January 4, 2009 at 10:02 PM Michael said...

Hey man -- what exactly are those frames you're wearing in your picture? Gotta get me a pair of them!

 
At January 5, 2009 at 3:03 AM Anonymous said...

What glass are the ones you are wearing in the picture and which site are they from? Thanks

 
At January 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM Unknown said...

I'm really thankful I found your blog. My company offers a $100 reimbursement benefit for eyeglasses, which allowed me to get 4 pairs! Bought 2 pair from EBD and 2 from Goggles4u. They're all great!

 
At January 18, 2009 at 11:21 AM courtneywoah@gmail.com said...

just bought those glasses! They look so neat, can't wait to get them!

 
At February 23, 2009 at 2:18 AM Anonymous said...

just got my pair of p113 from G4U, and I think I was the last person, because they've now been discontinued, so sad, since I was looking forward to getting a tinted photochromic pair. Keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment