In order of appearance:
- "Plasma" from EyeBuyDirect (still available!)
- "Timberland - TB1003 /C65" from EyeBuyDirect (still available!)
- "26216" from Goggles4U (still available!)
- "24582" from Goggles4U (still available!)
- At February 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM Anonymous said...
Are we voting on this? I vote #3. :-)
- At February 20, 2009 at 9:41 AM margo said...
i'm glad to hear you got your goggles4u glasses....i ordered from them on 2/4 and am still waiting.......(live in NC, US)
At what point do you think I should become concerned that they won't be arriving?
- At February 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM Ira said...
I never "expect" glasses from any of the stores before 15 business days (3 weeks). I'm often happily surprised around 10 or so.
You'll get them.
- At February 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM margo said...
well, they just came in (ha, i always have the worst timing), and one of the pairs is completely wrong & unwearable. I hope I don't have very much trouble with them!
thanks for your comment.
- At February 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM Ira said...
Send a message right away to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At February 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM Mojito Libre said...
Margo, I had the same situation. A couple of the pairs I ordered were wrong. I just had to re-order 2 new pairs from the site and I wasn't charged for them. I used the general service email on their site, not the one Ira mentioned. They were very apologetic and my glasses are in route only after 4 days of placing the replacement order.
Oh, and yes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks is generally expected for delivery.
- At February 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM Mark Harrison said...
Hey, I got my 2-4-1 deal... they were two pairs for my kid, and he really likes them.
It's great to have an extra pair on hand so bent frames, etc, aren't an emergency.
Thanks for spreading the word, I had no idea this was an option till I heard about your blog!
- At February 21, 2009 at 12:51 AM jane said...
i like you best in the first ones. how many pairs do you own?
- At February 28, 2009 at 10:15 AM margo said...
this is continuing to be a nightmare!
I thank you all for your help.
I emailed the glassyeyes customer service address on Saturday. I received an email later that day asking for me to send a scan of my prescription, which I did immediately. Haven't heard anything back since.
Sent an email to the general customer service address requesting help. Received another email asking me to send a scan of my prescription (?!?) which I did. Still am not getting help.
I ordered sunglasses specifically to take with me on my vacation, which begins in one week. It's looking like i'm going to be completely sunglass-less. i'm sure i'll have a fine time with my eyes closed.....
- At May 10, 2009 at 1:22 AM Angie said...
Hi. I cam across your site while searching for a more cost effective solution to purchasing a pair of glasses. You may have saved me a bundle! I was not looking forward to paying 200+ for a pair of glasses. :) I would have done so, but if I can find something cheaper that will work for me, I'd rather do that. So, thanks. :) Now I need to figure out how to get my prescription to them...