New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

Part Two in a multi-part series on eyeglasses-themed Halloween costumes. I know it's (the end of) September, but the eyeglasses featured in these posts will take a week or two to arrive. ACT NOW!

If you're like me, the idea of an eyeglasses-wearing Halloween costume subject lends itself to me being comfortable -- able to see. With reasonably-priced eyeglasses now available to us, you can get "costume eyeglasses" that you'll be able to wear at the party, walking the kids around as they gather candy, and to work the next day.

---

Geek-chic Tina Fey

The glasses are basic enough. She wears a dark, either black or brown plastic, round-bottom, horn-rimmed frames.

I looked at all of the sites listed to the left and was unable to find much of anything that closely resembled these. Why?

They're super-basic frames. I think this speaks to the idea that we need to see some more updated, classic designs added to the collections.

Blergh!

Here are a couple that might do the job in a pinch.


The Lioni - $39
These aren't really "horned-rimmy" enough, but if you've got the hair right, no one will notice.


4419 Tailored Acetate Full-Rim Frame with Spring Hinge - $29.95
Great name. These are horn-rimmed enough, but look like they're too tall. I think it might be harder to pull off the height. I'd like to see a better pic.


If these two frames mated, then we'd have something.



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

4 comments:

At September 25, 2008 at 10:24 AM Maria Stahl said...

So, Ira, you're going as Tina Fey this year?d Do you really have the figure for it?

 
At September 25, 2008 at 11:13 AM Ira said...

@neiowa,

I've yet to decide if I can pull it off. ;-)

 
At September 26, 2008 at 4:20 PM Anonymous said...

They have 3 Tina frames at Glasses Shop. They're kind of a cross between a true horn rim and a cat eye and at $8, they're hard to beat:

http://www.glassesshop.com/Glasses/SG107.html

 
At September 26, 2008 at 9:30 PM Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing my job for me! I was just watching an interview for her and thought I'd like a pair like that.

 

Post a Comment