New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!



[ED. NOTE: I'm on my second large Americano this morning.]

Maybe all the caffeine is affecting me -- or maybe it affects me more more intensely as it passes my sinuses after shooting it out of my nose (thankfully, I'm near the bottom of the cup).

They're not the worst looking things in the world, but you'd certainly give the world around you (at least the English-reading portion) a chuckle or two as you sauntered down... the docks?

I'd buy these for the laugh if I didn't routinely forget which pair I was wearing when I left the house.


post to del.icio.us del.icio.us | post to digg digg | post to reddit reddit



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

5 comments:

At February 27, 2008 at 11:13 AM Ira said...

Also, if you're ever in Eagan, Minnesota and looking for an excellent cup of coffee or as my son would say, an "AWESOME" gelato, check out Ring Mountain.

I'm there many mornings.

 
At February 27, 2008 at 12:40 PM NewLeaf said...

Yeah, Goggles4U may have over 2000 frames, but I think 1900 of them are UGLY! In the military, they call them BCG's - Birth Control Glasses.

 
At February 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM Ira said...

@paula57,

Three comments:
1) everyone has different tastes
2) just like every eyeglasses store or site I've ever looked at, G4U is no different
3) the point of humor is emblazoned on the bow

 
At March 2, 2008 at 3:08 AM Anonymous said...

Heh, just got those same glasses, but they say "Tango" on the outside. On the inside it says "gygnus". Definitely the same frame.

They're too small heightwise for my face, but hopefully Goggles4U can initiate the partial refund in a timely manner. Now it's up to them as to whether they can rush a new order and expedite shipping to get me glasses from Pakistan in less than 5 days, in time for my vacation.

 
At March 4, 2008 at 4:45 PM Anonymous said...

Ha. I just received these frames today, minutes ago. Not the seaman version, I looked at those and chuckled like the rest of you, but one of the 20 other versions that say different things. Mine say "tango" in a silver metallic foil that thankfully scrapes off very easily.

Thing is, these frames are awful! The plastic bows slide on to little metal rails that are part of the hinge assembly. The tracks in the plastic are really oversized, so the bows both wobble [i]very[/i] excessively and slip back 1/4" or so on the little rails.

The frames also came warped way out of square, beyond my ability to correct, so I was going to take them to a local place for adjustment, but then I noticed the other problem. Now I guess I will have to try some epoxy or something first.

I'm pretty disappointed.

lyd

 

Post a Comment