New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

Kon Hei Fat Choi

Albert (from Optical 4 Less) sent me an email this morning.

Tomorrow (February 7, 2008) is Chinese Lunar New Year and it is a big festival of the Chinese culture.

I just created a seasonal coupon for the big days and here's the code:

Lunar New Year discount coupon: kon_hei_fat_choi

15% off $50!

So now is a good time to pick up a pair, or two at a good discount. In fact, a person could go in and grab a pair out of the regular stock, (maybe Aviators?) and a pair from the Overstock section, add a tint or two (to get to $50) and be out the door for about $43 shipped (not a bad deal at all).

If you're a big fan of the Hulk or perhaps need something to show your environmental spirit while carrying your reusable hemp shopping bag at the co-op, here are a couple that fit the bill:






Or for something a bit more traditional:




There are some really great new styles in the general catalog. Look for a post in the next few days.

In the meantime dig in and don't forget "kon_hei_fat_choi" (which means "Congratulations and be prosperous").



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

4 comments:

At February 15, 2008 at 5:57 AM Anonymous said...

Is there a reason you don't include lbweyewear.com on your short list of retailers?

 
At February 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM Ira said...

@anonymous,

Totally off-topic here, but there are a couple of reasons, not the least of which is I haven't ordered from them yet. Additionally, I look at this process similarly to how a mutual fund administrator looks at companies before covering them -- does their service or product list differentiate them in any meaningful way?

I tried to contact them to gather information six months or more ago and got no response, which doesn't exactly make my heart explode with feelings of good will.

I don't see any compelling reason to add them at this point.

 
At February 21, 2008 at 11:44 AM Anonymous said...

LBW has graduated (gradient) tint. Who would be a better source?

 
At March 3, 2008 at 2:36 AM Jeff said...

I just used LBW and ordered 2 sets of single vision, one pair w/ included magnetic clip-on sunglasses. I'm happy w/ the glasses, but their communication was nill. I waited 10 days and nothing - sent them several emails, with no response. I finally called them and they did answer the phone - and a lady told me, "Oh your order is going out later today". It did but I'm betting that it wouldn't have if I didn't actually call them.

So it took like 15+ days to get my glasses. Do NOT expect them to return emails - CALL them only. I'm going to order some more glasses and I might use Zenni or Goggles4u. I've used G4U in the past - they are very quick to build and ship them. The only thing is that they simply REFUSE to update their web site. I've emailed them many times about this and their search engine is aweful.

 

Post a Comment