New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

Doug, in the forums posted a question:

I could not find comparisons on what the percentages of tint really
look like, nor an indication of what they mean when they say "brown"
etc.

Any chance you (or others) could post some pictures to give some clue
on this?

I like dark sunglasses, mostly because on a bright, sunny day nothing else will do. I love my transitions, but not for driving (I think the UV windshield precludes them from darkening to the fullest extent).

Here are the two most recent pairs (both with 100% grey tint):





(Please excuse the smirk... not sure what that is all about.)



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

9 comments:

At April 25, 2007 at 7:24 AM William Mize said...

Perfect timing on this post! I just got my $39 glasses from $39glasses.com and have been VERY pleased with the quality and customer service, so now, of course, I'm going to get some sunglasses.
Everything I've seen so far has been a maximum of 80%. Where'd you get your 100% at?

 
At April 25, 2007 at 7:57 AM Ira said...

I got them at goggles4u.com.

I think their tints go from 0% to 100% (those two values make me giggle a bit).

It makes me wonder if 80% at 39$ isn't equivalent to 100% at the other places.

 
At April 27, 2007 at 3:37 PM Anonymous said...

Ira, would you mind sharing the product # for the second pair (plastic)? Seemingly just what I'm looking for in sunglasses.

FYI, great site! Over the past few years I've ordered a few pairs of hingeless (metal and plastic) as well as metal-frame sunglasses from Optical4Less and have been quite satisfied. Thanks to your site, I think I'll expand my horizons a bit and try some others...

 
At April 27, 2007 at 9:51 PM Ira said...

They're the "Sacramento" in black crystal. I got them at EyeglassDirect.

 
At May 10, 2007 at 1:18 PM Aux Shux said...

Ira,

I second Jay's comment and say thanks for sharing your connections with us! I also like the first pair, would mind sharing product info that one?

Thanks,
Chetan.

 
At November 13, 2007 at 7:00 PM Jessica said...

I'm trying to find different tinting percentages too. Do you have any other sunglass photos with varying degrees of tint percentages?

 
At November 13, 2007 at 7:23 PM Ira said...

I always have ordered them the darkest I can. I don't have any photos with partial tints.

Does anyone else?

 
At February 13, 2008 at 1:42 PM Anonymous said...

Ira - I take it that the 100% tint at Goggles4U still have a pretty good visibility range indoors?

I got a pair from LensCrafters years ago, and their tint for my lenses was pathetic to say the least. Looking to replace them with something darker.

 
At May 1, 2008 at 12:16 AM Jacob said...

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Though this site doesn't have pictures of what different tinting levels look like, they do show the different colors and there uses, as well as a descriptive chart of what the different tinting levels are for:
http://www.visionexpresssunglasses.com/prescription_lenses.shtml

 

Post a Comment