New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

I've got a bit of a problem. I went from having one pair of eyeglasses to six in a very short time. I've got a multitude of cases strewn all about. I keep a spare pair in bag, but that still leaves five cases piled on my dresser.

It's not pretty.

I'm thinking about picking up some sort of rack so that I can:

  • see what I have
  • organize 'em
  • show these suckers off (I know my wife will be VERY impressed with an eyeglass rack in the bedroom -- who wouldn't?)
So, yeah... I'm not sure how this will end. I need to order a few more pairs for review this month, so my problem will only get worse. I just wish I had enough time to dedicate to this extremely pressing topic in my life.

Perhaps I need to hire a consultant.



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

7 comments:

At February 10, 2007 at 11:16 PM Ira said...

I found a few places that make racks.

Here's one.

 
At February 11, 2007 at 6:31 AM Anonymous said...

Well, maybe a little more "crafty" than you might like, but there are those small 3M removable hooks that you could use to wall mount 10 pairs of glasses for about $5. If you're lucky, yours might also just be the right width to fit into a standard pegboard, or you could easily drill some custom holes on a nice piece of wood. I tend to stick with cases, and I would imagine the more pairs you have the more dusty they would get between use, and thus need a cleaning before wearing.

 
At February 11, 2007 at 10:00 AM GG said...

A"multiglass" case should be invented. A case containing more than one pair should be more tidy and take less space.
GG

 
At March 11, 2007 at 9:39 PM Anonymous said...

This looks like a site that sells display cases and such for opticians.

http://www.displaysbyrioux.com/product.php?cat_id=31

In particular, I like the saddle rest ones near the bottom.

 
At March 29, 2007 at 4:19 PM The Slapdash Sewist said...

I don't know if you sew or have access to a sewing machine, but I am planning to make a wall hanging out of fabric. I'll make buttonhole slots to slide one arm of the glasses into. I just need to figure out where exactly to hang it.

 
At April 13, 2007 at 4:15 PM Anonymous said...

You could store them in a flat box or two (like cigar boxes) or short drawer lined with velvet, felt, or leftover socks. This would keep them out of the dust, protected, and, um, out of sight until it's time to switch.

Or you could stash different ones in different places. Keep one pair by your computer, one pair in your car's glove box, one pair in your gym bag, that sort of thing.

 
At March 21, 2009 at 6:50 AM Danibee2009 said...

http://www.shopwiki.com/detail/?q=24+Pocket+Over+The+Door+Shoe+Bag&s=213984&o=217054933&d=Clear+Over+the+Door+24-Pocket+Shoe+Bag

I'm going to use one of those clear over the door shoe organizers because I'd feel bad spending a bunch to store my glasses bargains (and could use that money for more pairs :). You can get child sized shoe bags or else the big size. Either leave the glasses in their cases and label the plastic sleeve with a sharpie, or else just put the glasses in gently. I have kids bouncing around so I'm going to leave them in their cases. Either way they are dust free.

 

Post a Comment